Short History of Quinhon Missionary Sisters of the Holy Cross

The Original Title of the Congregation is The Lovers of the Holy Cross of Qui Nhon, Viet Nam

1671   Founded by Bishop Lambert De La Motte at An Chi, Quang Ngai, Diocese of Quinhon, for women with three simple vows
1675   The First profession of 12 women at An Chi, Quang Ngai
1678   The first convent of the Holy Cross Sisters was destroyed by the fire
The persecution of Christians in Viet Nam was terrified a long period, many Sisters were persecuted, the others hiding in different locations.
1767   Bishop Guilllaume Piguel re-established some convents of The Lovers of the Holy Cross in the South of VN.
 

The Reformation

1922   Bishop Damien Grangeon of Qui Nhon Diocese was concerned of the sake of the Lovers of the Holy Cross Sisters in his diocese. He studied and was allowed to reform its rules. Bishop Damien Grangeon appointed Father Jonh Baptist Solvignon, pastor of Go Thi parish to reform the Congregation of the Lovers of the Holy Cross of Qui Nhon. The first convent was established at Go Thi.
1929  

February 19, 1929: First Profession of 14 Sisters of the Holy Cross

March 2, 1929: Received the Decree from Vatican to reform the Institute the Lovers of the Holy Cross of Qui Nhon.

1932   September 14, 1932: Bishop Augustin Tardieu Phú gave a permission to establish the Congregation of Lovers of the Holy in the Diocese of Qui Nhon.
2014  

The Lovers of the Holy Cross of Qui Nhon in Viet Nam are doing apostolic work in 8 different Dioceses, 64 Communities with 326 professed Sisters, 36 novices and 304 postulants.
Mother House is locate at 132 Trần Hưng Đạo, Qui Nhon, Viet Nam.